Monday 7 January 2013

She cannae take any more cap'n!!

I was lucky enough to receive a voucher for Christmas for GW. After a few minutes browsing their site for inspiration for what to spend it on I came to the revelation that I didn't want any more models right now. Thinking of all the old school and kit-bashed gems I've already got collecting dust and patiently awaiting their paint jobs, I couldn't bring myself to add to the pile.

For once, it seems, I engaged my brain rather than my impulse-led heart!

I spent my voucher (and a little extra) on a can of Chaos Black and some new flesh tone layer paints. And you know what? I don't regret that decision one bit.

For all the wondrous technical wizardry and the ever-improving sculpt qualities, the modern stuff often lacks a little charm, a little quirkiness. It sometimes is a little *too* serious and grimdark.

Now, don't get me wrong, where a new model or kit is an absolute peach, I'm all for it (Nurgle Lord, Chaos Cultists, 40k scenery etc) - indeed you'll see newer stuff as I make headway into my various projects, but I've got so many incredible OOP models and other pieces I just couldn't justify dropping my money (voucher or real) on new stuff.

This isn't a rant against GW - I guess it's just realisation that I might finally have reached saturation point...

At least, for the time being... I've had one eye on Blood Bowl for a while! ;)

(Don't worry reader, the blog is only just starting! :) There might even be some pictures soon!)

1 comment:

  1. I know that feel... resisting the urge to buy more when other projects lie unfinished...

    ReplyDelete